For over 30 years, McLellan’s Plumbing & Heating has been at the forefront of providing high-quality plumbing and drainlaying solutions in Central Otago. Whether a maintenance call or a full-blown emergency, our priorities are quality and reliability every time. We pride ourselves on providing the most experienced team of qualified plumbers and drainlayers to ensure each job is completed to the highest standard.
We provide regular maintenance and reliable emergency services for both commercial and residential client, and no job is too big or too small for our team at McLellan’s.
Our drainlaying services include, but are not limited to:
- New housing drainage work
- Design & installation of wastewater treatment and sewer systems
- Spouting, downpipe, and gutter maintenance
- Unblocking toilets and drainpipes
- Clearing blockages and repairs to other drains
- Root-cutting (for drain blockages caused by tree roots)
- Excavating for repairs if and when required
- Drainage alterations
Why Hire A Qualified Drainlayer
Maintaining a functional drainage system is crucial to the proper disposal of sewage and storm water. That efficient disposal protects you, your family and your community from harmful pollutants that can cause disease and general toxicity. This is why the law prohibits non-certified professionals from tampering with drainage systems.
So, if you’re planning on building a brand new home or commercial property that requires the repairing or renovating of drainage pipes, you can rely on our team of expert drainlayers. With over a generation of combined industry experience and expertise, and local knowledge of your ground conditions, we’ll provide just the right solution for your unique circumstance.
What Is Drainage?
We commonly define drainage as the removal of excess water that can cause costly damages. Often, this also includes the removal of sewage. Drainage installation is typically done by installing one or two systems:
- Combined systems dispose of different waste via the same piping network. Whether it be liquid waste or storm water, both are combined and jettisoned through the same latticework of underground piping.
- Separate systems are the total opposite. They isolate storm water and sewage and dispose of them through different passageways.
Installing this network of pipes to facilitate the removal of waste and avoid costly flooding and building is an important part of the process when building a home or a new commercial location.
It’s a job for expert drainlayers and at McLellan’s, we have an experienced team of professionals ready to offer affordable service. Our team can provide end-to-end service, from the early planning stages down to the excavation and installation process.
Just phone us on 03 448 8500 or call into our Alexandra showroom to book in your job.
Signs You Need a Drainage Check
There are a few distinct signs you have a problem bubbling up your pipes:
- If you notice your sink, tub, or toilet draining slower than usual.
- Stinky smells wafting up from the drain. If it smells like anything other than metal, there’s usually a reason. And that reason is a problem.
- Gurgling sounds from your shower, sink, or toilet. If any of these make noise, it’s a sign the drains are working harder than they should be.
- Overflowing. This goes without saying, but any overflowing is a blaring sign of a problem in the drain.
Regular maintenance on your drains is a very inexpensive way to avoid some costly damages down the road. Blocked drains can cause backups, floods, and other catastrophic scenarios that make your home or office uninhabitable.
Scheduling periodic drain checks and cleanings by one of our expert plumbers is the best way to ensure healthy drainage and stave off any unforeseen complications.
What You Should Do With A Blocked Drain
When it comes to blocked drains, you should definitely refrain from doing anything yourself. If you’re not a trained professional, you risk adding to the damage rather than reducing it.
If you think your drain is blocked or has additional problems, call us today and have one of our dedicated team members assess the problem.
Need an emergency service? Call us on 03 448 8500 and we’ll be there in a hurry to solve all your plumbing needs!